Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's been a month!

I found the 311 of CF. Most of you probably know that I love the bar 311 in Austin on 6th street which has a 70s cover band play every night. I have missed it dearly. BUT, on Thursday night, the Velvet Underground opened for the season and I knew that this was the 311 of Italy. We had a blast. An awesome band called Barrence Whitfield and the Savages played. The lead singer was originally from Florida but grew up in Georgia. How he decided that his band should play in CF, we have no idea but we were all so excited that he did. Basically our whole school and a ton of locals showed up for the opening; it was packed and hot, but we danced all night anyway. 
A really blurry picture from my iPhone of Amanda and me. 
 Barrence
 On Friday, a couple of us took a day trip to Florence just to hang out and shop. There was a really fun market near San Lorenzo church that we walked through in the morning. Then we wandered around the city eating gelato and shopping. This is my friend Emily who ordered her gelato in a waffle cone but what she didn't know is that meant HUGE amounts of icecream on top of that cone. 

 We climbed to the top of the Duomo right before we left to go back to CF. It was such a cool experience because you climb in between the two layers of the dome. It got kind of dizzy and cramped at times but obviously well worth it. The city was beautiful from the cupola. 
 Shadow of the dome!
Last night was open house at Santa Chiara, our school; a lot of locals came to see our school and meet us. They brought homemade dishes of a variety of foods and wine and desserts. They even set up a stage and some local singers came a played a concert for us while we danced in the courtyard. It was a blast! I can't believe I have been here a month officially now. I am in love with this country...I couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment