After so much talk, I can't believe that I am finally here in Castiglion! It is so beautiful but I could have already guessed that without being here. The plane ride was long, especially with screaming 2 year old and throwing up children but I have to say it was more than worth it to come to this amazing place. I truly feel like this is where I belong right now! We arrived in Rome and much to Amanda and my happiness all of our bags made it safely too; although packing two large bags and a rolling carry on might have not been the best idea! We all know that I overpack.
The 10 UT students and 34 Aggies got on a bus and took our 3 hour trip to our sweet new home of CF. We are living in an old convent converted into a school which was founded by A&M but I will never say I am an Aggie; as much as I love them. (Here's to you dad) The school was built in the 1500's and you can definitely tell. My room that I share with 2 other girls is small but cozy and we look out onto the street;unfortunately not the beautiful rolling hills on the other side. The food is WONDERFUL and the wine is even better.
We are traveling to Arrezo, a small town about 10 minutes by train away from here, this weekend to see a jousting festival and an antique show. I will post pictures soon!
I could probably go on for hours about the rolling hills and the architecture. I will post so you can know too!
All my love and bacie (kisses) from Italia!
Missing Jimbo today...I know he is watching!
No comments:
Post a Comment